1. Go to “Dashboard” >> “Plugins” >> “Add New” and search for Table of Contents Plus, install and activate it.
2. Go to Setting >> TOC+
3. In the “Main Options” you can custom design your table of content. This is the setting of Affiliate Master, my “Advanced” setting is default setting. Once you have done, click the “Update Options”.
4. “Heading text” is the title of the table. You can also enable the show/hide feature. This table of content is on this post.
5. I recommend you to enable “Show hierarchy” because it has a nicer looking. Hierarchy is based on your heading size.
The cool thing about Table of Contents Plus is you can custom control each page and post with a shortcode. You don’t have to enter the code in “Text” mode, just enter the code in the normal “Visual” mode.
6. If you’ve enabled auto insert but you don’t want this page to have a table of content, you can use this shortcode.
7. If you’ve disabled auto insert but you want to have a table of content on a specific page, enter this code in the place you want the table of content to be shown. So the shortcode not only controls whether enable the table of content or not but also custom the position of the table.
8. It also allows you to have more controls, for example, you can exclude certain heading by using the code [exclude=””]. To learn more shortcodes, check their official page.