Add your websites to Google Search Console allows you to track your websites and get your contents index in Google. I’ll go through the process of adding a website to Google Search Console. Here we go!!
1. Go to Google Search Console, sign in to your account and click the “ADD A PROPERTY” button.
2. Copy the URL of your website and paste it here. (NOTE! make sure your website is using www. http:// or https://)
Click the “ADD” button once you’ve pasted your website’s URL.
3. Choose the “Alternative methods” and click “HTML tag”, then copy the whole meta tag.
If you are a WordPress user, you can verify your website with a plugin, and if you are not a WordPress user or the plugin doesn’t work, jump to step 8.
4. Back to your website “Dashboard” >>”Plugins” >> “Add New” and search All in One SEO Pack. Install and activate it.
5. Go to “All in One SEO” >> “General Settings”
6. Scroll down you can find “Webmaster Verification”, paste the meta tag in the “Google Webmaster Tools” box, and only keep the code inside content-” “.
7. Jump to step 13.
8. Go to your WordPress website’s Dashboard, click “Editor” under “Appearance”.
9. It will warn you, just click “I understand” (NOTE! you may want to back up your website first if you are afraid of losing some contents, normally it will be just fine.)
10. Click the “Theme Header”, the header.php file. It will be around the bottom right area.
11. Locate the header area.
12. Paste the meta tag you just copied under the first <head>.
14. Now go back to Google Search Console and click “VERIFY”.
15. All done!
Bing also has its own search console, it’s called “Bing webmaster tools”, check out how to add websites to Bing webmaster tools.